"However tight things are, you still need to have big
picture at the forefront of your mind."
(Sourced from: http://www.managersrealm.com/richard_branson/).
· Born on July 18, 1950
· Had dyslexia as a child
· Captained both the football and cricket teams at school
· Established and failed two businesses at age 15; growing Christmas trees and breeding budgies
· Published his first student magazine at the age of 16
· Did not graduate from high school
· In 1972 started a discount record store Virgin Records in Oxford
· Virgin Records label signed the likes of The Sex Pistols and The Rolling Stones. Took Virgin into the business of books, credit
cards, mobile phones, aviation and so on….
a Knighthood in 1999 for his “entrepreneurship”
(Sourced from: http://www.woopidoo.com/biography/richard_branson.htm; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Branson#Biography).
Born leader – Sir
Richard demonstrated leadership at school through captaincies
Charismatic leader - Sir
Richard captures his audience wherever he goes
– Sir Richard utilises the expertise of his followers and inspires them to achieve their highest goals
Ambitious – Sir Richard,
even at a young age, wanted to achieve business success
Lead by example –
Sir Richard has made a success of branding himself and his actions
Want to read more about Sir Richard’s
here http://www.abc.net.au/foreign/s220707.htm for the ABC’s Foreign Correspondent interview with Sir Richard
on 20 June 2000 regarding the pending arrival of Virgin Airways in Australia.